Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trying Some New Meals!!


Well it is a new year and I have yet to make any resolutions other than just one which is to drink more water. Which reminds me, I need to go make me a glass right now.....ok so other than drinking more water I haven't really thought of anything. Both Jake and I want to be stricter with our budget (which personally I think we are pretty strict already but...).
While thinking about some new resolutions, I am always aware of the fact that I need to be more physical and eat healthier. Last year I was on Weight Watchers for 5.5 months and lost a total of 6 pathetic pounds. Pretty depressing.
Have I mentioned I hate my birth control?
So anywase, while still trying to contemplate whether or not I still want to be on the devil pill I start thinking about how much meat costs Jake and I each week. 3 chicken breasts alone costs us almost $7. We eat alot of chicken people. I usually just buy the frozen bags of chicken but it still makes me sick to my stomach to see the prices.
So....
While I was searching for WW meals on Pinterest, I came across a few vegetarian meals that looked SO GOOD! It made me start thinking about limiting our amount of meat more.
My dad's a butcher. We had meat at each meal. This may be difficult.

I decided I would give it 1 week. See how it goes. See if Jake notices that there are more beans and veges and less porks and chicken.
I've never really done this before. I mean, we have pinto beans and cornbread for meals and that doesn't really have meat in it right?

I have found some recipes that look so good even Jake should like them:
Dried beans and potatoes are inexpensive here and so I hope to pair these meals with extra veges and salads.
This is not a resolution just a test to see how we like it and to see how our bodies react. Jake may still have some bacon or turkey for breakfast or lunch but for dinner we are trying these.

 Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake    Black beans and Sweet Pot. Enchiladas  Oh my this looks excellent!! Hope Jake will like it :)



Hopefully this next week we can save some money and learn to try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment