Thursday, June 2, 2011

and the Shofar Blew

Over the past couple of days I have not had to worry about anything except when to go swimming or where to go out to eat with mom and Sarah. We are having our Praise Team over tonight for a cook-out/practice/skeet shoot and I am praying the weather cools off a bit.

I have read a book recently that has opened my eyes to sin, ignorance, pride, and humility. It is Francine Rivers "When the Shofar Blew". When I got to the middle of the book I literally through the kindle towards the end of the bed and decided I HATED this book! I called my husband crying over worries I had and was becoming bitter to any churches I could think of that wanted to just please its congregation instead of God. Forgetting about the people and only caring about the building. Jake told me to just stop reading. I tend to get emotionally involved with the books I read and let them characterize by behavior. This book kept me up at night! I wanted to scream and slap the man in the face, in the book, and pretend I hadn't ever picked this book up.
However,

After a day, I had to read it. I could not get the words out of my head. So today I finished it. I'm not going to say it was better than Redeeming Love, Mark of the Lions, or even the Lineage of Grace but I HIGHLY recommend this book now! I feel so transformed after reading the scripture involved and how it was intertwined in the lives of the characteris in these books. This book hit a little too close to me and I did not like how it made me feel so incredibly uncomfortable!
I also have had a serious issue with the 'comfortable' areas people allow in their lives today. Such as R rated movies. Just because you are over the permissive age, should people really be allowed to watch and hear such filth that is displayed before themselves; not to mention, their husbands, children, and friends? I was horrified to read a status that claimed they loved a movie that portrayed sin as a major influence in the ratings of this movie. It makes me so sad to realize people are accustomed to hearing bad language and it doesn't even affect them. I don't ever want to be in a movie theatre with my husband while a naked woman or man is on the screen or the F word is being yelled in my face and think "WOW, what a great movie this is!"

Philippians 4:8 states:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

I don't care if I live in a bubble or am secluding myself from the outside world. I want to honor Christ in whatever I can.

Anywase I wanted to post a picture of my cow. Yes, I have two cows. A few years ago, I was told to make an investment of some kind whether it was stocks, guns, or something. So I bought a cow. That cow had another cow and I am hoping for a new baby this fall. I know this is really random but I wanted to share her with everyone.

Baby Emmy :)

 I also got to hold a baby blood hound puppy but I think he had just 'eaten something' and got it all over my face


Eaten some Olive Garden with my momma and Sarah. I have missed their Minestrone Soup!


No comments:

Post a Comment