Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Seeing as how this blogger DELETED all of my recipes, I have decided to post them as a 'post' instead of as a page. Maybe I will go back to seperating them but not in my near future.
Sunday after church, Jake randomly asked if I could make him some muffins this week for breakfast. Jake NEVER requests anything because he happily eats anything I cook and NEVER questions or complains. So I went online and found a great recipe for low fat spiced pumpkin muffins! It was so simple. Only 1 box of Spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, and warm water. So I went to the commissary to pick up the ingredients and was equally excited to see the spiced cake mix was on sale for $1.18 cheaper than normal and looked EVERYWHERE for the canned pumpkin. Finally I asked a salesperson (who by the way looked like she would rather murder someone than help me) where the canned pumpkin was. Turns out that it is only around during Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure it's in Arkansas all the time. Thumbs-down for Hawaii. So I went to return my great deal of spice cake mix and found some fresh blueberries instead. I had recently seen a recipe for whole wheat blueberry muffins on skinnytastes.com and thought I would give it whirl. Sorry for the round-about story :)

THEY WERE SOOOOO GOOD


1 C of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 C Whole Wheat Flour
1 C Regular Flour
1  Large Egg - Beaten
6.5 oz Blueberries
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 t Salt
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Vanilla
2 T Melted Butter

Sift your flour's into a large bowl
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Add your dry ingredients and mix well

In a medium bowl, add your wet ingredients and mix

Pour your wet ingredients into the dry mixture and gentle combine. Be careful  not to 'over' mix.
 
Pour in those blueberries


Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture

Lightly spray the muffin pan or you can use those little paper cups.
Bake for 25 minutes
   
While you wait, you can hug and play with one of these :)


Let sit for at least 10 minutes to set and cool and ENJOY! The blueberries just melt in your mouth. If your on
Weight Watcher, these are 3 points each!  


No comments:

Post a Comment