Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pyrex Dishware

Kailua Antique's = Pyrex Heaven

Today was one of those days where I stayed in bed entirally too long, well, untill 7:00 and then sat on the couch downstairs for 30 minutes trying to motivate myself to walk down to the gym. Mind you, I was wearing the workout gear and everything. I finally got up and went and was so glad. I love the feeling of knowing that I have done 45 minutes of moderate-to-intense aerobic exercise. I learned in my Nutrition's class that if you want to start burning the fat cells during a work out you have to work out longer than 20 minutes, the first 20 minutes you just use up your glycogen storages. So while I was walking home I saw that Jake's motorcycle was parked in the driveway which meant that he was home early!! I love when he gets to come home early! So I went upstairs, showered, and heated up our leftover stuffed spinach shells that were even better the next day!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/spinach-stuffed-shells-with-meat-sauce.html
 Afterwards, I got ready to go into town to look around at the greatest antique store on the Oahu Island. I say this because everyother store charges $100 for just about everything in the store. What I like about this store is that you have to literally get on your hands and knees to dig around in it. It is so cluttered that I get so scared that everything around me will fall and break and Jake can barely fit in the store itself! Anywase, I spent a total of an hour looking at so many pyrex dishes I didn't know what I would do with myself. I got a set of these dishes as a wedding gift and have fallen in love with them.

They are usually so expensive but here they range from $12-25 and 30% off each! So of course I got myself a set today that would have normally cost me around $75 but I got the set for about $25!

Aren't they beautiful? I love the glass lids that come with these casserole dishes. I have a mixing bowl set at home and my momma bought me a beautiful mixing bowl from this same store when she came down here in August. I mean, Martha Stewart doesn't even compare!
Yesterday I went to the beach again just for a couple of hours and yet again got another sun burnt, as you can tell in the above picture. Jake graduated from his school today and became a Chief Cannoner in his section. I am so proud of him. We went into town and rented a movie and are about to sit down and watch it. Only 7 more days until I am home and seeing my family and friends! Which by the way, my best friend, Amanda Shook, is wanting to buy a moped!!! I'm pretty sure she would be the coolest person around if she got one!

1 comment: