Monday, May 23, 2011

Kindle!!!!

So I have mentioned before that my sweet, wonderful, beautiful, and spectacular mother sends me care packages from time to time. Well, today I recieved this in the mail!!! She sent me a kindle to help me pass the time on my trip home since its a 20 hour trip! When I go to the gym, I feel a little lame with my hard back book because everyone has a kindle propped up on their machine. But not anymore! Another awesome aspect about this precious gift is that mom put TWO Francine Rivers books already on it for me! WooHoo! It is the only 2 left of hers that I haven't read and I am so excited to learn how to work this thing so that I can get started reading Her Daughters Dream...or maybe The Shofar Blew...I haven't decided yet!
We are having a couple over tonight for dinner because they are getting ready to leave the island tonight. I think I'll make some baked chicken, boiled red potatoes, and steamed broccoli. I was going to make boiled squash but when I mentioned it to Jake, I recieved the funniest look from him that stated, "Did you really just say 'boiled squash?'" SO....hope everyone is enjoying this day! I did this morning and spent a wonderful 2 1/2 hours watching the ocean and getting my tan on!

No comments:

Post a Comment