Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ribbon Wreath Tutorial!!!!

I finished my Razorback Ribbon Wreath today and I hope everyone likes it! It was really easy to make but took effort, patience, and time. I went into this project thinking I was going to save so much money compared to the one for sale on Etsy for $65 plus $12 shipping. Well, lets just say this is a pretty pricey project (haha). BUT, I did save and I have the pride of knowing I made this cute wreath now hanging on our door.



Supplies:
About 7-8 ribbon spools
paint
scissors
greening pins/super glue
paint brushes
Wreath (I Strongly recommend anything other than hay!)haha
small canvas board
spray paint (optional)


Cut your ribbon pieces about 4-5in in length


One box of these won't be enough. I would say about 4 50 count boxes.


fold your ribbon piece into a hoop


Stick the pin where the ribbon overlaps into the wreath



I randomly placed the ribbon hoops that way they weren't clustered



Cut some more ribbon and make some piles


Be sure not to leave any spaces in between. You could spray paint your wreath before-hand a color that would blend in with the ribbons if you wanted to.


Again, randomly place the hooped ribbons around the wreath body


After awhile, the pins were bruising my thumbs because they would not stick into the hay wreath. So I began using the hot glue. Glue one end of the strip of ribbon


Bring the other end and overlap the glued end


Don't do this...

At this point, your going to start getting excited because the end is in the near future!


This is me making my own sign. I used just a piece of canvas and stenciled the lettering. I hot glued a ribbon on the back of the canvas and hooked it onto the wreath.



I love the ribbon pieces!


I'm pretty sure I have the cutest door on the street now! Have fun with this project!


3 comments:

  1. That is too cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EM!!! YOU DID A GREAT JOB!!! That is TOO cute! And you've inspired me to do one! =) Hugs* my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Linked you to my blog http://dirtwonthurt.com

    ReplyDelete