Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Spiced Oatmeal

I love going to the Cracker Barrel or Calico County and ordering their oatmeal for breakfast. It is one of the less expenisive items on their menu's but it is so rich and filling and leaves you completely satisfied. The instant oatmeals from Quaker are really good if you get certain kinds (brown sugar!!!), but for some reason don't really compare to C or C's oatmeal.
This week I was in the mood to make some homemade oatmeal for Saturday morning breakfast. Throughout the week, Jake regularly eats a combinations of either eggs, bacon, rice sausage, english muffins, and a cup of fruit each morning so on the weekends I kind of want to make something different. I know, he is spoiled each other morning but while he eats that awesome meal, I have yogurt. Or cereal. So, it kind of is a treat for me :)
This morning I made Cinnamon Apple Spiced Oatmeal from this website: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/cinnamon-apple-spiced-oatmeal.html



Ingredients:
1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of uncooked Quaker Oats
2 T apple butter
dash of Cinnamon
1 T low fat granola
 
I measured out about 3/4 C for us both BUT next time I will probley only do 1/3 or 1/2 of a cup. IT MADE A LOT
 
Cook according to the package. The package said to cook for 5 minutes, but I cooked mine a bit longer because I don't like it so runny
 
Add on those toppings, sit down,  and enjoy!
 We ended up only eating about half of the bowl because, like I said, this oatmeal is filling.
1 bowl is 4 points for Weight Watchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment