Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Getting motivated!

I mentioned last week I believe that Jake and I started to go jogging during the evenings, well this is my 4th week at jogging and I feel so good! Ever since we started eating cleaner and less processed foods and exercising, I feel my mood just lifting. I pray I never get out of this habit because afterwards I really do feel amazing even if I want to throw up in the middle of it. Jake is so encouraging when we go out. He constantly tells me good job and those little words help me keep going. Last night we jogged a full 2.5 miles! This is a big deal for me considering the last time I probley jogged was in 8th grade track with Coach Casselman. Or was it in basketball?? Anywase, I am getting out and doing it! The hardest part is getting out the door, once your out the door you can go for it. We take a break when colors is being played and the flag being taken down while Jake stands to attention and then we take a water break but afterwards we keep going. We have been doing some different trails but my favorite is the sunrise/sunset hikes up KT hill behind our house. It is a pretty big hill and once you get to the top your surronded by the ocean. We jog down and back through the neighborhood and the smell of the ocean and wind just envelopes you! It truly is such a blessing. I have told my bible study to help keep me accountable with this. I really want to go every other day and so far it has been great.
Something funny that really does help me is looking at my motivation board on Pinterest. ha. Isn't that funny?
A couple of the pins are these:

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

These are just a few that help. I love the prayer that is listed even tho I am by NO means a runner I love how the prayer is written and pray this while outside.

I thank God for blessing me with two legs and the ability to go jog and also for a husband that is able to run more and longer because he truly encourages me! I would love to get to 3 miles so we can do a 5k! How awesome would that be?!

Get motivated today! I promise you won't regret it. .... now I just need to remember this haha!

2 comments:

  1. so proud of you girl!! YOU motivate me!! =) you're so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope I will STAY motivated! Not looking forward to the sweltering Arkansas heat tho this summer! We could always go together if you ever want to!

    ReplyDelete