Sunday, May 20, 2012

Don't ever take for granted...

Tonight was a personal best record for me! I actually ran a full 3 miles! We started off with the warm up brisk .3 of a mile but I did not count any of the walking, we just turned off the mapmyrun app everytime I needed a break and turned it back on when I started to run (which Jake says I am running since I average 12.5-14 min miles...I really don't know if that is good or bad but for me its a 'way to go girl!'). I walked .8 of a mile and ran the other 3!
When we were closing in on the last .1 of the 3 miles I looked over to a group of men and saw a man in a wheel chair missing both of his legs.

....missing his legs....

I know in Greenwood AR we don't ever see anything like this. I never had. Colors started to play and while Jake stood to attention I. JUST. WEPT.

I don't think I am able to communicate how proud I felt...how completly HUMBLED I felt and also how ANGRY I felt at all the ignorant people out there who just shame themselves trying to put down the military.

I sit here with tears streaming down my nasty sweaty face and am so so so proud of the freedom that I have and for that man to have sacrificed for me to sit here and share this with you all.

Next time you see a wounded warrior pray for them, thank them, and bless them.
Next time you think Fort Chaffee is getting a little bit too loud and start complaining, ask for forgiveness of your ignorance and selfishness.
Next time you want to talk during the football game when the anthem is being played please remember this man here missing his legs because he gave them up fighting for your freedom.

and this weekend coming up, please remember that it isn't just a 'lake' day or vacation day, but remember what it stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment