Thursday, February 9, 2012

Little changes

What are some changes that you have been doing since the new year?
Well mine have mainly revolved around a more healthy lifestyle.
Not dramatic changes but changes nonetheless that have made me feel better emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

At least 3 times a week I work out. Before Jan. I never left the house. #1 Hermit. I really believed I was spiraling down to some type of depression. I would wake up each day and say goodbye to Jake and sit on the couch and look out the window. I would not even turn on the tv. I would just sit and wait. Maybe call a family member, maybe read a book, but mainly just sat and felt sorry for myself. It was only for a couple of months but it left a major impact on me and what I felt like then.
Now I journal, go to the beach, walk, go to the gym, or strength exercise. Nothing huge. But more than I used to this past fall. I will joyfully look up healthy meals to cook for and am excited to see what I can substitute for other things in our meals.

We have only drank water so far. I drank gatorade for awhile but didn't want to buy it anymore. I drink more green tea than coffee and use agave instead of artificial sweetner.

Jake and I love this new cheerios that came out (well here anywase) called banana nut and it has almost 75 less calories than Kellogs Fiber cereal I had been buying. I made my own salad dressing and apple sauce so far this year in making baby steps toward lesser amounts of sugar intakes.

I love bananas, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries and have decided the extra money is worth it rather than snacking on peanut butter.
well I am still trying to convince myself the extra money is worth it...

Jake and I have gone out more and seen the island. We really just stay put because each weekend would add up to a lot of money that would not have to be spent if we would just stay home. Instead, I find it kind of a game to stay under our entertainment budget each month.

I'm growing closer to the Holy Spirit and am amazed at His comforting presence during these times in our life.  I'm suprisingly learning that it is so much easier when I know that God's plans are much better than mine! haha. But seriously. Little changes are coming around.

I love learning to sew and that brought about a new hobby. Thanks momma.

When grocery shopping, I have made it habit to buy whole grains instead of white bread. Now I don't even think about it. Wheat not White. Plain no mayo (or avacodo...yum!). Lemon in water (VERY GOOD FOR YOU and lessens the appearance of redness in one's face). WATER WATER AND MORE WATER. No diet coke...diet coke is from the devil, diet coke is so completley bad for you it makes me sick thinking about what it does to your body...I read to much (only take when your really sick and diet coke makes you feel like your home on the couch sitting next to your momma watching Antiques Roadshow). 2% cheese instead of whole. Salad instead of juicy cheeseburger...almost there. Black beans, Navy beans, and pinto beans are included more into the diet. Red meat isn't a must to complete a meal. Chicken. Tuna in water NOT oil. Low sodium chicken broth or even better homemade chicken broth.

Just little changes. I feel better. Nothing else if anything needs to change does it? I love my husband more and more each day. Yes, the future is unclear in our eyes. For all I know God will take us to Montana and I will humbly and gratefully know that is His Will.
Sitting and waiting has become a constant. Patience is a fruit of the spirit that keeps coming to me head on but seeing as how I have such a calm life right now, it is most welcome.

If you can please pray for Jake and my hearts to be open to His presence; that we will rest in the shadow of His wings and not want or grow weary. That we can bast in His glory and know each day that His ways are not our ways; His thoughts are not our's.

We are a moment,
You are forever.
Lord of the ages
God before time

We are a vapor,
You are Eternal
Love everlasting
Reigning on high

Lord you are holy, holy
Lord God Almighty
So worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Let the highest praises, honor and glory
Be unto Your name
Be unto Your name

We are the broken
You are the Healer
Jesus, Redeemer,
Mighty to save
You are the love song
We'll sing forever
Bowing before You
Blessing Your name.

For you are holy, holy
Lord God Almighty
So worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Let the highest praises, honor and glory
Be unto Your name
Be unto Your name

Holy, holy Lord God Almighty
So worthy is the Lamb who was slain
Let the highest praises, honor and glory
Be unto Your name
Be unto Your name
Be unto Your name
Be unto Your name.

1 comment:

  1. Em, thank you for sharing this. i wish i could hug your neck right now. you are doing so good with all your little changes, what inspiration you are to me!! =) i'll be praying for you both.. {big hugs}

    ReplyDelete