Thursday, February 13, 2014

Menu of the Week

Menu of the Week


Man oh man ya'll I have been in a cooking mood! This week has been special for Jake and I in regards that our 4 year anniversary was yesterday and tomorrow is Valentines Day. I thought I would try out some new recipes as well as some old favorites I have posted on the blog!

Sunday-

Skinnytaste Spaghetti Squash Primavera. 

Yum. And satisfying!
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/spaghetti-squash-primavera.html



Monday-

Cauliflower Soup

This recipe, O My Goodness Gracious. It tasted like potato soup but without the guilt. For only 80 calories for almost 2 cups, I served it with some freshly made sourdough bread. YUM. This is definitely going down in the favorites book.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/dads-creamy-cauliflower-soup-1-pt.html


Also made some Weight Watcher Brownies on Monday. You can go back and see how to make those here.


Tuesday-

Skinnytaste Spaghetti Squash Cheesy Bake.

I honestly have left each night after dinner this week feeling satisfied and completely happy with the meal and how it turned out. I served this squash bake with some grilled chicken.

Wednesday-
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JACOB!
We woke up early that morning and worked on our dinner preparations together :)
I made Skinnytaste's Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas with Cuban Style Back Beans and brown rice.

Link Here

Thursday:

Pantry Adventures...


Friday:

Camping with my little family!!! Chili with Hot Dogs


Saturday morning for breakfast I have made ahead some Skinnytaste Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread muffins. I originally made 4 loafs for some friends of mine for Valentines Day and it made so much I had enough left over for 5 HUGE muffins!

Here is the recipe for the bread.
I did make a couple of alterations to make it a bit healthier. I substituted coconut oil for 1:1 ratio with the butter and used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. I would have used all whole wheat but I did not want to dry the bread out too much since I was using apple sauce and other subs. It is so good! I am so excited for my friends to now try it!

Hope everyone has enjoyed their week so far! Here's to more good cookin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment