Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Beautiful scriptures

I have had some amazine devotionals these past few weeks. Verses keep coming up in my mind while driving down the road, doing laundry, or fixing dinner. I am so happy to be more aware of the Spirit that resides inside me and to not have Him pushed back any longer. I love digging into the Word and seeing His truth.

One of my favorites, and most convicting is Proverbs 17:27-28
"A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered. Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent and discerning if he holds his tongue."

Not always having an argument on the tip of your tounge is a blessed man.

Like many of you who read this blog, you know Jake and I are dealing with some decisions. I know I haven't been so clear as to what we have and havne't chosen because God could still change our paths. One of the verses that keeps resonating in my spirit is Proverbs 16:3

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."

I know their is a lot more to this verse tho because having plans of moral filth is not going to honor God. In James, Christ's half brother speaks of looking intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continuing to do this, not forgetting, but doing it, that man will be blessed! (1:25)

The law could be the new covenent law as in Sermon on the Mount, the ten commandments or an old testiment law James was referring to, either way, Christ did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill the law. If I listen, hear, AND do, then I can commit those plan to the lord and He will see them to succession.

I am loving James. Each verse is so pure and true and it touches a different area in my life. There are going to be hard times, I know this, but God says we are blessed when we are going through trials of many kinds.

I know I may seem old-fashioned to many but I am ok with that. I like to keep my household rid of moral filth, whether thats bad language, things we watch on television, or the angry conversations that can arise. Christ wants us to rid that moral filth that is so prevelant (SO SO SO SO PREVALENT) and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save us!

Again, what beauitful scriptures! I know God is preparing my heart for this next stage of life. It will be different. Completley and utterly different from everything Jake and I have known so far in our marraige. It scares me. It does. But hiding the word in my heart and letting Christ be the light in my life is helping me more and more each day.

I know this post did not have any clear flow to it, but its ok, I mean look how James wrote! haha.

Be doers of the word, not just hearers! Don't try to take a verse and mold it into what will fit your 'life-style'. It is a living Word, let it live in you! It is already planted deep in there, just humble yourselves and accept it!

1 comment:

  1. Proverbs 16:3 is perfectly short & sweet & wonderful & encouraging & guiding. You are awesome Emmy!

    ReplyDelete